In the making of any milk-based drink, including coffee, one of the key elements is achieving the optimum milk temperature. This is difficult for baristas and domestic users to achieve every time without reliable tools, and often coffee is made too hot or too cold. We have developed a product that solves this problem and assists baristas and home consumers to achieve the right temperature each time.
Latte Pro™ is a new and uniquely designed milk frothing jug that does not require the use of a stick thermometer. By integrating the temperature measurement within the jug, we have removed the risk of cross-contamination of milk types and hygiene-related issues due to the reinsertion of unclean stick thermometers.
The Latte Pro™ has benefits for:
- Professional and part-time baristas
- Commercial kitchens
- Domestic home users
- Office and workplace kitchens
- Barista training colleges
Features and Benefits
|Quality stainless steel (grade 304)||
|Three sizes available:
600ml, 1000ml, 1500ml
||Large liquid crystal temperature display
||Embedded dishwasher-safe temperature thermometer on two sides
Market testing has revealed the nature and extent of the benefits that may accrue for hospitality businesses. These benefits are described below:
- Staff training is much easier to conduct when there are many operators within the outlet making beverages, including coffees. Latte Pro™ helps staff to see and also feel the correct temperature. Additionally others can easily view the process and observe the thermometer progressing to temperature indicators.
- Adopting milk temperature standards is much easier as the business can make a decision about which temperature is the standard, and then brief all staff on the appropriate number to use. Other staff and supervisors can then monitor this operationally, as the Latte Pro™ temperature is easily visible.
- Lower public risk is experienced as the operator can verify the correct temperature. This assists to protect the business from possible claims for scalding customers.
- Product returns due to over or under heated milk are lower. Business users of Latte Pro™ experience a stable and reliable beverage outcome, and as such do not experience the associated difficulties with customers who wish to return drinks that are too hot or cold.
- Staff confidence increases, as they are able to rely on an accurate device that is easy to use.
- Latte Pro™ saves time, as it does not require an additional piece of equipment such as a stick thermometer that needs to be washed and sanitised regularly.
- Contamination between milk types is less likely as pitchers that are being used for full cream, light or soy milk are quickly identified through use of the colour grommets.
- The Latte Pro™ thermometer does not require any calibration and remains accurate over time.
- Latte Pro™ is highly durable and dishwasher safe in commercial environments and does not require replacement as regularly as standard stick thermometers that become inaccurate and eventually fail.